Thursday, September 6, 2012

Analysis of Course Blog

Template: I chose a pre-made template that looked nice, and then made a few small adjustments to the text and colors to make it easier to read. I chose the arrangement to keep it from getting cluttered.  I wanted a very clean and easy to navigate look to the page, so there aren't a lot of bells and whistles.

Title: Art and rhetoric are the themes of this blog, so I chose a title that expresses these themes in an interesting way. A simple play on words with a short description works well for that.

Color: I tried to keep the colors subdued and easy on the eyes. I even changed the white background from white to an off-white. 

Font: Helvetica is one of my favorite fonts. The fact that it is one of the seven standard fonts available, made my choice even easier.

Pages: For now, the page setup is neat, but pretty bare. Under the blog title, there is a page with a short description of me and the purpose of the blog.This way the reader has less to distract from the posts. If I include any non-course posts, I'll put them away from the main page.

Tools: I included an archive, subscription, pages, links list, and search tool.

Links: I included a link list tool to list any links included in my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment